What Google Analytics can do for your website
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a great tool for measuring your website’s traffic. This is important for analysing whether visitors are viewing the content you want them to. It provides various statistics on:
- how many visitors come to your website;
- number of visitors accessing each page;
- how long an average visitor stays on your website, and more.
Analytics allows you to track how visitors are accessing your website. There are 3 types of traffic sources:
- visitors that type in your website address (direct traffic);
- visitors that access your website from another website (referring sites); and
- visitors who find your website through a search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
Referring websites are important for gaining a high search engine ranking. Analytics will tell you what websites are linking to your website and how many visitors are being referred. Turnstile Web works to build a number of backlinks, from referring websites, as part of our Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) service.
Search engines provide the majority of a website’s traffic. The Analytics software allows you to see what keywords visitors are using to find your website. Knowing these keywords can help you to optimise your website’s content for visitors and also assist you when advertising your website (using Adwords).
Google Adwords is an advertising service that places an ad for your website next to search results. You advertise by choosing keywords related to your business so your ad will appear when your audience searches using those keywords. Adwords allows you to target people searching from a particular city or country, and you only pay when people click your ads.